- 2 cups of frozen pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup of coconut cream
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons of honey (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 cup of crushed ice
- Pineapple wedges and maraschino cherries for garnish
- Optional: shredded coconut for garnish
- Prepare Your Blender: Before you start, make sure your blender is clean and ready to go. You'll need a powerful blender to achieve that creamy, smooth texture.
- Combine Pineapple and Coconut: Add the frozen pineapple chunks, coconut cream, and coconut milk to the blender. The coconut cream will give your piña colada its rich, creamy texture, while the coconut milk adds a subtle tropical flavor.
- Sweeten to Taste: Start with 2 tablespoons of honey and blend. Taste the mixture and add more honey if desired. The level of sweetness can vary depending on your preference and the ripeness of the pineapple.
- Add Crushed Ice: Drop in the crushed ice to give your Virgin Piña Colada a frosty chill. This will also help to thicken the drink and make it more slushy.
- Blend Until Smooth: Blend all the ingredients until you achieve a smooth and creamy consistency. If the mixture is too thick, add a little more coconut milk. If it's too thin, add more frozen pineapple.
- Garnish: Pour your Virgin Piña Colada into a chilled glass and garnish it with a pineapple wedge, a maraschino cherry, and, if you like, a sprinkle of shredded coconut for an extra tropical touch.
- Serve and Enjoy: Grab a straw and sip your way to a tropical paradise. You'll love the refreshing blend of pineapple and coconut, and the combination of sweet and creamy flavors.
For an even creamier Piña Colada, you can substitute some of the coconut milk with coconut cream.
To make it extra fancy, rim your glass with coconut shavings or crushed graham crackers before pouring in the drink.